My apology, I was somehow very busy for past few months and did not update on the WAIDPS. Although, there are many new features (New WEP attacking mode, WPS attacking mode enhancement, decrypting and viewing of live packets captured in monitoring module etc) added to the WAIDPS but as mentioned, I am busy, I unable to put all at once.. Below are updates on Intrusion Detection Module.
Intrusion Detection (Updates)
WAIDPS has included the following wireless attacks by MDK3 as shown below.
- MDK3 Beacon Flooding (Different ESSID)
- MDK3 Beacon Flooding (Similar ESSID)
- MDK3 Authentication DoS with multiple clients
- MDK3 Authentication DoS to multiple Access Points
- MDK3 Authentication DoS to multiple Access Points with multiple clients
- MDK3 Basic Probing & ESSID Bruteforcing
- MDK3 Downgrade Test
- MDK3 WIDS/WIPS/WDS Confusion
With the inclusion of all the above attacks, WAIDPS can now detect the following wireless attacks
· Association / Authentication flooding
· Detect mass deauthentication which may indicate a possible WPA attack for handshake
· Detect possible WEP attack using the ARP request replay method
· Detect possible WEP attack using chopchop method
· Detect possible WPS pin bruteforce attack by Reaver, Bully, etc.
· Detection of Evil-Twin
· Detection of Rogue Access Point
· Beacon Flooding
· MDK3 Basic Probing & ESSID Bruteforcing
· MDK3 Downgrade Test
· MDK3 WIDS/WIPS/WDS Confusion
Screenshot of a Beacon Flooding by MDK3